Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mother in Training and Poo Poo Problems

Nicky was supposed to put her pajamas on and come out for her milk last night and she never did. When I found her, she was putting her babies to bed. Since my last post about her dolls, she has been pregnant and had three more babies. So in addition to Nicky and Andy, there exists Molly, Emily, and Obedi. Five babies!

Anyway, I don't know if you can see in the picture but she had folded five little shirts and made pillows for each one. Alls I can say is that the guy who falls for Nicky someday better watch out. She has her mind on babies already.


In other news, Andy has had what my dad used to call the Rocky Mountain Quick Step (diarrhea) for almost a month now. There have been endless diaper changes, a terribly red bum, and a two pound weight loss. I haven't been able to give him much food other than noodles and rice. Most foods seem to upset him. I think at 24 lbs, Andy weighs less than he did last year. Everything has been checked out at the doctor and he doesn't have any strange diseases. The doctor thinks he got two viruses on top of each other. Poor guy.

Poor me too. His sleeping is atrocious right now. We are up all hours of the night.

I think I make this same face when I change his gross pants.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids crack me up! I think it is adorable that Nicky is nesting, that is awesome! Poor Andy, I bet is bottom is so raw. I hope he feels better soon! We would love to have dinner with you guys sometime...I don't think Sunday will work, what about Saturday or some evening next week?

Cami said...

Oh my goodness! That is a long diarrhea run. Ethan used to have it constantly until we cut out apple juice completely, which was hard because it was the only thing he drank--literally. We watered it down.

I love the mommy training. What is Obedi? that used to be Jeffy's only word.

KellyDiane said...

I can't believe how many babies nicky had tucked into bed. Very adorable. I'm sorry to hear that Andy is still sick...that's too long!

Melissa said...

Cami,
Obedi was the name of an African baby in one of Nicky's library books. She really liked that name I guess.

Marie' said...

Nicky is so funny and adorable! I am sure she will grow up to be a great mother. I hope Andy gets better soon. I want him to stay big and chubby.

Kimberly said...

This has nothing to do with the post, but isn't it great that Cyndi and Marie' have blogs?! I don't know what's better...comments on my blog or text messages! What do you think? I told Devon about your suggestion for texting and he was all for it...of course! Ha ha ha.

As for this post...can Nicky get any more adorable? Where did she hear the name Obedi? Has she been watching Star Wars...j/k. Also, I don't know what's worse...Andy having diarrhea or you having to change him. I feel for both of you. Hopefully it ends soon! Geez, this is another long comment. What can I say, I have A LOT of time on my hands!

youngsters said...

Oh girl...been there and done that !! Not fun at all. I think Talan is getting it again. He had it for only a week, which I thought was bad. Hopefully it gets better soon. The secret to bum rashes is BAG BALM. It is honestly the best by far out of all those bum creams out there. Good luck !! :)

Tribe M said...

Nicky is so adorable with her babies. I want a girl!...In a few years...
Since moving to Utah everyone has scared me senseless about Crypto because of a huge outbreak here last summer. You may already be aware of this illness picked up in pools, but if not check the link below. It causes about a month of D. Hope he gets better soon. Poor guy! And poor you!

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyswimming/cryptofacts.htm

myspoileddogs said...

That pic of Andy is just adorable! Sorry to hear he hasn't been doing well.

myspoileddogs said...

That pic of Andy is just adorable! Sorry to hear he hasn't been doing well.

Krustee said...

I can't stand weight loss on little ones, it makes me so worried!! Hopefully things are back to normal!