We just got back from seeing my family in Utah. We had a lot of fun. Even though it was in the upper 90s, we managed to embark on fun outdoorish activities.
Here are the most memorable moments:
- Hiking to Timpanogas Cave at 2 in the afternoon. It was blazing hot. Jeff, my brother Gregg, and I traded off carrying Nicky and Andy all the way up. My back was a disaster for two days afterwards. However, I loved being with Gregg and Todd's families and it won't be a memory soon forgotten. My nieces and nephews are all so dang cute and I love them to death. Nicky loved all the attention she got from all of them. They were all laughing when we went into the cave and Nicky said, "It's not sunny in here."
- Amber and Todd's kittens. Amber was kind enough to postpone kitten giveaways so that Nicky and Andy could have access to all five of the adorable little fur balls. Nicky would not let them go. She was in heaven. She even patted the mother cat and said, "Oh sweet little mommy." It was so fun to see her with the kittens.
-Spending time with my brothers + sister-in-laws. I have three very funny and interesting brothers. I never stopped laughing when we were with them. Amber and Heather are very fun to be around too. I especially loved eating out kid less with the adults. It is so weird that my nieces and nephews that I once babysat are now teenagers and able to babysit my kids. I feel so old.
-Andy received the hand/foot/mouth disease whilst traveling hence why he looks like death in all his pictures. He had a 103 degree fever when we did the Sundance ski lift and we didn't know. He kept asking for water and we didn't have any. He kept saying "wayer, wayer, wayer." Luckily we had some water for him when the ride was over. Andy also made everyone laugh with his use of the word "sure." He uses that word instead of yes. He can be in the worst mood and having a tantrum but will stop and say, "sure" if you ask him if he wants a treat or to watch the train show.
Here are some pictures. Double click the slide show to see a bigger version.
5 comments:
Wow! You guys really did a lot. I haven't hiked the Timpanogas caves since I was 12 or something.
We took Luke and Taylor to see WALLE yesterday and Devon's nephew stayed at the house to listen for Blake while he napped. I think I am really going to like having (practically) live-in babysitters non-stop. See! All the more reason you guys should move to Utah! Other than the fact that we are here, I am going to try and think of a million other reasons why you guys should move to Utah. Oh, yeah, they have giant yards where your kids can roam free and play with pets all day.
Anyway, it sounds like your trip was really fun. Next time you're in Utah lets plan to meet up! Talk to you soon!
Wow, I'm sad I wasn't able to be there when you guys were. Do you have more pictures? Everyone is getting so old! Glad you had a good time!
What?! You were in Utah and didn't come see me?! I have a kitten too!! J/K Next time, right? Sounds like a blast, oh, and hand/foot/and mouth is the worst! My little boy had it on Halloween and his birthday a couple of years ago. He didn't eat for about 2 1/2 weeks!! Hope he's feeling better!
Ahh glad you had fun while you were here! It sure was good to see you and Jeff and meet the kids!
Those were some very fun and hot activities! We loved seeing you guys and we will try to get out to see you soon!
Post a Comment