Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday

Today was a long day. I changed 6 poopy diapers. I watched "Cars" and "Cats and Dogs." I did the dishes four times and cleaned the refrigerator. I don't think I showered. I just barely got the kids to bed (9:30ish) and I really have nothing interesting to write about. Andy was very cute tonight when I put him to bed. He has been hollering for 40 minutes for the past few nights when I put him to bed. Tonight we had a talk and I told him I didn't want him to cry anymore because it makes me feel bad. I didn't expect it to work. I put him to bed with three cars and railroad bridge and he didn't make a peep. I don't know why that makes me tear up.

I did get a laugh when I talked to Kimberly on the phone and she told me about her new ward in Cedar City. I want her to take a picture of the guys sporting handlebar mustaches and those leather stringy things with the medallion they use for ties. I miss cowboy boots at church. But I really miss the Dowdells at church more.

Anyway, here are some cute pictures of the kids celebrating the 4th and their love for each other. Thanks to the Bunkers for including us in their family gathering. We had a blast and the food was awesome. The only thing left wanting was music selection for the fireworks. Maybe next time they can play something more upbeat. Also loved Nicky's enthusiasm for the fireworks and Kedrick. She loves playing with little boys. Do I need to start worrying? Andy fell asleep right before the fireworks and didn't wake until we got home. Maybe he'll like it more next year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Church in Cedar City was definitely interesting! I love your 4th of July pictures...so fun! And man, 6 poopy diapers...yikes!

KellyDiane said...

Those are the cutest pictures of nicky and andy. You guys should just come out even though it's hot! It really isn't that bad!

Kimberly said...

Your kids already look bigger!! It was really good to talk to you yesterday. Let's do it again soon!

Cami said...

Oh, those cute kidlets! I wish I could have that crying talk with Janey. It breaks my heart to hear that wailing!

Krustee said...

So glad you joined us for the fourth! It was such a fun time. I need to email you pics...from many things. I am so slow!