Yesterday Jeff got a claim in Missouri, we had some free tickets, hotel nights are paid for by the company, so we all came along. This weekend we are going to Nauvoo and will see the Nauvoo Pageant (I am praying it is better than the Manti Pageant). We will also spend Sundy perusing church history sites, the temple, and of course Carthage (will my heart be able to take it?)
The kids travelled fairly well considering I kept them up late last night for Sea World. Andy has a major attitude lately. Last night as we were driving home from Sea World we passed the temple. Nicky and I broke into song singing, "I Love to See the Temple." All of a sudden we heard a loud "NO" from Andy. We were caught off guard and just giggled and then started singing again. Again, we heard the authoritative, angry, "NO" from the backseat. It just makes me laugh. He hates all singing except the humming of the Thomas the Train theme song.
I just have to throw in a couple of funny Nicky's now. Last night Nicky came running in with half a bag of popcorn we got at Sea World and said, "Look Mommy, I saved some popcorn for Daddy. It's a miracle."
Tonight we were planning to go to IHOP and as we were getting in the car Nicky said, "I don't want to get in the stupid car, it's too sweaty." I have to give it to her that it is sweltering and swampish in these parts of the country, but her usage of the words "miracle" and "stupid" have me laughing.
8 comments:
So funny about Nicky's popcorn comment...Sounds like you guys are having quite the adventures. My good friend is on her mission in Nauvoo, at the visitor center, if you met anyone named Robin tell her hi.
Oh, that is where you are!
I loved Nicki's comments and Andy's NO. You just crack up and say "that is way we keep you", right?
Aw, if you meet a Sister Cartwright tell her hello from Murrieta. That's my little sis. She's a short little redhead who might be doing the sign language interpreting at the pageant. I think Jeff might have met her at some point....
What a great opportunity to go see the church sites. I hope to someday. I had no idea about Andy's aversion to singing. I'll watch myself around him. :) Nicky's comments totally made me laugh! Enjoy your trip!
What fun! My parents recently did the church history thing and had an amazing time! Taylor is constantly going around telling everyone that they said a "bad" word, meaning the "stupid" word. I always say things like "that stupid bug," or something and, yet, I tell the kids they shouldn't say stupid...oh, what to do.
How fun! I'm glad you all got a nice trip.
Ethan used to yell, "NO SINGING" at us everytime we broke out into song . . . in fact . . . used to? I think he still does.
Ahh Nicky sounds like such a character.
It's so nice that you guys are able to travel so much with the kids!! They have been more places than I have been!!
That is very cool that you guys are exploring another place. Sounds like you will have a good time! It cracks me up when these little kids start trying out new words they have heard.
Post a Comment